Pages

Thursday, 9 June 2011

San Miniato al Monte


I don't know why but this church has made the greatest impression on me. 
We were there almost alone. 
In complete contrast to overcrowded Santa Maria Novella. 
Here it was all quiet, you could almost hear the sound of the candle flames behind the altar. 
The church seemed so oldas the place where you feel the impression of time travel. 
I recalled that my lecturer of History of Art came to Florence on her honeymoon. 
Today I regret that I have no more lectures from this subject. 
I would like to know more about the church when I was there. 
More than was written in the guidebook. 
Knowing History of Art is half the success when you are visiting Italy.

1 comment:

Konstantin said...

Wow, that's amazing!
All your photos are amazing, as well. Keep posting ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...